What We Teach At Madison Christian Church
1. God the Father is a spiritual being who created everything that exists and is present
in many places at the same time.
2. Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died for our sins and rose from the dead. As the
one who never rebelled against God and who overcame death, he’s earned the right
to be our Lord.
3. Every human has worth as a unique creation in the image of God, but all people
have chosen to sin against God and consequently, deserve eternal punishment in
4. The forgiveness of sin and gift of eternal life in Heaven are promised to those who . .
Acknowledge Jesus as God’s son
Place their trust in Him as Savior
Commit to living their life under His authority as Lord
Admit their sinful past, and
Participate in the act of immersion (Baptism) as instructed by the Lord.
The power of salvation is found in the resurrection of Christ and not in any human
5. The Church is the Body of Christ on Earth and exists to save the lost and edify the
6. Christ-like love for God and for mankind is the supreme behavior for believers. The
life of a genuine believer will be evident by the sin we resist and by the spiritual,
Christ-like behavior we demonstrate.
7. God’s own Holy Spirit is given to us believers to reassure us, advocate for us, and
provide giftedness to us so that we can carry out the work of the Church.
8. The Bible is God’s inspired Word to be used as instruction for living in this life and as
instruction for attaining an even better life after death. The Bible is the final written
authority for Christian faith and practice.
Bible Passages for Each Point:
1. John 4:24; Acts 17:24
2. Matthew 3:17; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; 1 Peter 2:21-24; 2 Corinthians 5:21
3. Genesis 1:27; Romans 2:5-11; Romans 3:23; Luke 16:23
4. John 3:16-17; Romans 10:9; Acts 2:38; 2 Timothy 3:21; 2 Corinthians 7:10; 1
Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Peter 3:21; Mark 16:16; John 3:3-5; Colossians 2:12;
5. Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:42-47; 1Corinthians 14:26; Ephesians 4:1-16
6. Galatians 5:13-26; 1 Corinthians 12:31-13:13; Matthew 22:36-40
7. 2 Corinthians 1:22; John 14:26; 1 Corinthians 12:4-7; Romans 8:26
8. 2 Timothy 3:15-16; 2 Peter 3:2; Matthew 5:17-18; 2 Peter 1:19-21; John 10:35; 2